Pain to Passion
Immediately after the Most High God delivered us from bondage in Egypt, by the hand of Moses, the first thing we began to do is complain to Moses. We did not know what to do with our frustrations that came with making a home in the wilderness and not knowing God’s plan until Moses, Aaron, or his family gave us instruction.
As women, painful situations lead most of us to sadness, bitterness, frustration, confusion, depression, laziness, and for many of us a constant state of anger which all lead to bitter communication.
So what is the resolution? Turn PAIN into PASSION!
Turning pain into passion, for Christ and the Law, is what I found to be the best resolution in life for three reasons:
- Turning my pain into passion makes me focus on God and His will, not my own.
- I feel closer to Christ and empathize with his suffering for righteousness sake.
- It makes me very productive in the works of the Lord, and I soon forget my woes.
But, how can anyone turn pain into passion for Christ?
As women, our pain gives us power to do something physical like, cry, yell, throw a tantrum, give and attitude, run away, talk smack, and so on. Well here are some examples of how we can turn that pain into passion for Christ.
- When we cry we can say our prayers at the same time and ask God for understanding and wisdom concerning the situation. (1Thessalonians 5:17)
- Instead of yelling or throwing a tantrum, you can recite a scripture that calms that spirit, I like Psalms 34:19 which says “Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of all.” I also use others; feel free to ask.
- As women, we have to get the negative energy out and we mostly always do it with a conversation. But instead of talking smack or being a gossiper or talebearer, find 1 good counselor that can give you righteous exhortation. Whether it’s your husband, or best friend, or close sister; however, make sure that person also has a love and fear for the Most High so you won’t be tempted to transgress the law in your conversation.
- When you are sad and lonely, send out love and righteous motivation to brethren in the faith and see how quickly the Most High returns compassion in your life, why, because you denied your pain and put more passion into your people; like Christ which is God’s will.
There are many, many, more things that can be done. Maybe you have some methods you use to help turn your pain into passion for Christ. I’d like to hear them as well, because until Kingdom come we are all still a work in progress. J