Yes, that’s right slavery still exits even in this day in age. Slavery comes in many forms. You may not see the physical chains on your hands and feet or feel the lashes of the master’s whip, but the bonds of slavery still exist in our minds:
- ADDICTIVE BEHAVIORS – drugs, sex, over-eating, not eating enough, talking too much, drinking too much, wanting to always be alone, needing to always be part of the crowd.
- OUT-OF-CONTROL EMOTIONS – you act upon how you feel instead of what is right; depression, mental incapacities, making decisions without careful thought; holding on to resentment or grudges.
- FEAR OF THE FUTURE – you don’t let go of your old ways for fear of the new ways changing your life too much; fear of ridicule for not living as the world does; fear of letting go of family or friends not in the truth that are weighing your faith and spirit down.
- HOLDING ON TO A SHAMEFUL PAST – the inability to forgive and forget; the inability to resolve, repent and grow from your mistakes.
- NEEDING A MAN ONLY TO FILL A VOID – sleeping with a man for mere comfort not fully understanding the true dynamic and life-long commitment of marriage.
- LUST, JEALOUSY, ENVY, PRIDE – coveting what is not yours, tempting yourself to act on the lust you observe; wishing you had what other women have; angry because you are not a wife; angry because you are a wife; not being content with the life you have been blessed with; the inability to admit you are wrong; the inability to say you are sorry and make things right again; refusing to yield to the law.
- SEEKING APPROVAL FROM MEN INSTEAD OF GOD – acting a certain way just to appease others instead of God; refraining from correcting your sister when she is wrong for fear of losing the friendship.
- OBSESSION FOR THE CARNAL – focused more on the carnal things than the spiritual: money, a job, a house; obsession over how you look on the outside more than your inside; buying into the American dream of power, wealth, vanity, selfishness, and greed; you save up to buy a car, go on vacation, or go out to eat, but you can’t pay your tithes; you make sure you hair looks cute, but you don’t know your scriptures.
- WEAKNESS IN TIME OF ADVERSITY – when the heat of life gets turned up and you let doubt overcome you and faith to leave you; you resort to fixing things in every way you think is right instead of the way God has instructed us to handle affliction and pain; you lose your job and instead of getting right back on your feet to find another you give up or get lazy and instead depend on the U.S. government to hand you a welfare check to make ends meet.
Do any of these apply to you? Are you a still a slave?
Maybe only sometimes or maybe just one thing, but even a little evil can destroy your whole self.
“6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? 7 Purge out therefore the old leaven that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened…” I Corinthians 5:6-7
Each of these conditions can cause you to be tied up in knots and held captive to the point that you’re stuck in a prison of your own making. The keys to unlock your prison are found in the Bible. You must STUDY THE BIBLE, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS and BELIEVE that to be true. You cannot continue to do something that you know is wrong and expect to have an outcome that is right.
“For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, especially of those that believe.” I Timothy 4:10
“He that believeth in the Lord taketh heed to the commandment; and he that trusteth in him shall fare never the worse.” Ecclesiasticus 32:24 (Apocrypha).
“This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.” Joshua 1:8
I dare say that a slave-state-of-mind is one of the key reasons why we women, and really all of Israel, make poor decisions and Satan takes advantage of this with enticing lies of great proportion.
The Most High has given every Israelite the power to break free and to live free.
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32
“Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is truth.” Psalms 119:142
“And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the Lord our God, as he hath commanded us.” Deuteronomy 6:25
If you feel that you need someone to help you break free, go to your head, your elders or to a sister that can give you wise counsel!
“12 But be continually with a godly man, whom thou knowest to keep the commandments of the Lord, whose mind is according to thy mind, and will sorrow with thee if thou shalt miscarry. 15 And above all this pray to the most High, that he will direct thy way in truth. 16 Let reason go before every enterprize, and counsel before every action.” Ecclesiasticus 37:12, 15-16
Free at last, free at last, thank the Most High Almighty, we are free at last with His Word!!