The black, sunless clouds and cold, stinging wind revealed the violence of the storm that lay ahead. The sickening smell of fresh skin ripped off His body lash after lash filled the air. His head was struck blow by blow and then crowned with thorns. All the mockery, the slander and false accusations were nothing short of maddening. The clanking sounds of the iron being driven through flesh and bone rang throughout the city like the sirens of the coming war. The deafening cries of His mother and they that loved Him, who followed His bloody trail and witnessed His barbaric and brutal death, resonated deep in the black holes of sadness, piercing the spirit in two. And yet He only said to them:
“…Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children. 29 For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck. 30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and the hills, Cover us. 31 For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?” Luke 23:28-31.
Christ warned the women that they should not weep for Him, but for themselves and for the women to come who will live to suffer great atrocities. If the Most High permitted such great suffering to be endured by His Son who was perfect (the green tree), what will we who are guilty of sin (the dry tree) endure? And here we are, two thousand years later, and the prophecy of our agony is true and, yet, it is only the beginning of sorrows!
Many without, and sometimes even those with the knowledge of the truth of the scriptures, are not fully aware of the harsh realities that await us. We may at times give a blind eye or deaf ear to the signs, especially when we give more concern to carnal things like the vacation we would like to take, the nicer house we wish we had or the shoes and clothes we wish we could buy, but near is the time when ALL will have no choice but to recognize that the end is truly at hand!
Isaiah also warned us women not to be oblivious to what is around us. We should not worry ourselves with the trivial nonsensical things of this world. We need to strengthen ourselves by studying the Word and living out the commandments daily.
“9 Rise up, ye women that are at ease; hear my voice, ye careless daughters; give ear unto my speech. 10 Many days and years shall ye be troubled, ye careless women: for the vintage shall fail, the gathering shall not come. 11 Tremble, ye women that are at ease; be troubled, ye careless ones: strip you, and make you bare, and gird sackcloth upon your loins.” Isaiah 32:9-11.
And as for us, the Daughters of Jerusalem, let us wear Christ on our sleeves and be keenly aware of the severe judgments due to us:
“17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.” I Peter 4:17-19.
Are you wondering what those sufferings are that women experience now? Let us name but a few:
- Women, and men alike, don’t even know who they truly are, walking around mindlessly, thinking they are Latino, Black or Native American; to have nothing that is truly ours, no land nor real culture;
- Our children are being forced to be injected with poisonous vaccines and consume food made in factories instead of from the soil;
- The schools prohibit our children to the read the Bible but demand that gay history be taught and homosexuality be embraced and cherished;
- We and our daughters must use restrooms together with men that claim to be women;
- Countless women are without husbands and their children without fathers;
- Abortions are legal and considered a women’s RIGHT! And now, even at 9 months!
- Circumcision of our baby sons is considered barbaric and of no need, yet killing your baby is OK;
- Mothers, and fathers alike, are praised for lying to their children about Christmas, Halloween, Easter and many other holidays too; and parents who refuse to lie and rather teach the evils of these pagan days, they are said to be in a cult for telling the TRUTH!!
- Mothers, and fathers alike, must hold their breath every time their child walks outside the door and pray that they are not shot at for wearing a hoodie or because their submarine sandwich wrapped in foil looked like a gun to the police;
- Babies are created in test tubes, like a science experiment, instead of fashioned by the pleasure that comes with sleep in the marriage bed;
- Women are now typically the head of the house; living out a role that we were not made for and thus causing anger, frustration and depression;
- Women are now typically the main breadwinners, working outside of the home, unable to rear her own children because she has to leave them with a sitter;
- Divorce runs rampant; it’s the quick-fix solution;
- Wives don’t trust their husbands and vice versa; they who should be your best friend betrays you with ease;
- Children run amuck; they are permitted to legally emancipate themselves from the rulership and authority of their own parents;
- Girls as young as 12 can obtain birth control or an abortion without parental consent!!!
- Breast cancer, fibroids and infertility are common health problems;
- Wives, and husbands alike, love and prioritize their children before their spouse.
- Spanking your children is considered a crime;
- A godly woman is considered a doormat!!
For these reasons and countless others are we to remind ourselves not to be oblivious of the trials and tribulations we must suffer for our shortcomings and encourage ourselves to continue to learn the ways of our Heavenly Father and Christ so that we may grow spiritually strong in order to rise above and overcome:
“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33.
As godly women, it is our duty to remain circumspect – aware of the trials and tribulations that are due to us so we do not fail:
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:” I Peter 5:8.
Whether you are in the truth or not, you are going to go through trials and tribulations and suffer through the atrocities of this time. But don’t let your despair or anxiety suffocate your hope. While you walk through the trials of this life, even in the midst of seemingly hopeless situations, know that the suffering of the righteous do so with the hope of salvation and eternal life. Those that refuse the righteous ways of our Lord suffer also, but with no hope whatsoever.
Suffering in the name of Christ is never in vain:
“17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing. 18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:” I Peter 3:17-18.
Rest assured that peace and comfort comes to those that believe these agonies are temporal for those that endure to the end:
“For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;” II Corinthians 4:17.
“But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.” Matthew 24:13.
Remember always to recognize the time, to remain constant and prayerful, to continually read your scriptures and grow spiritually, find strength and honor in all your endurances, and above all, place your faith and hopes in the glory that awaits us:
Oh Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not unknowingly, but with the peace and comfort of Christ.
“11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11-13
Weep for yourselves, Daughters of Jerusalem, but do so with the hope for the kingdom yet to come for the righteous!
“16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” Romans 8:16-18.